Q&A

Have a question about trail shoes? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

Love the shoes, but I hate the squeak coming from…

Summary

Love the shoes, but I hate the squeak coming from the right one.

Pros

• Superior grip
  • Waterproof
  • Quick lacing system

Cons

• It squeaks
  • Just the right one squeaks
  • It squeaks loudly

These are comfortable after removing the stock insert and replacing them with a Powerstep insert. Excellent grip for trail running and wet surfaces. Definitely waterproof. They don't breathe; I have sweaty feet. I like the lacing system.

These are my fourth pair of Adidas trail running shoes. But after a few months, the right shoe started squeaking, even with the insert removed. I think the squeaking is coming from inside, between the outersole and midsole. It's annoyingly loud and I don't know how to fix it.

I bough mine from the Adidas.com on Black Friday 2017 for half off the regular price.

Welcome to Trailspace, Jack. Thanks for the review, but too bad about the squeaking. I've heard of people using baby powder to get rid of a squeak, which might help if there's moisture inside, but won't help if there's some sort of inner wear and tear issue, more likely your issue. Good luck!

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Terrex Swift R GTX versions

In addition to the 1 men's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Terrex Swift R GTX. Read all reviews »