Alico Yoho

(no Gender)
Price Reviewers Paid: $200.00
Men's
Price Reviewers Paid: $160.00

I bought these boots on sale two years ago knowing that I wanted a bomb proof, all leather backpacking boot, but realizing that I'd have to pay with a painful break-in to get there. However, these boots haven't, and I've finally decided will NEVER, break in.

I've worn them up peaks, through the snow, on backpacking trips, you name it. They just won't give! I end up with horrible foot pain and the boots just laughs at me knowing I'll never beat them. Now I weigh 225 lbs. I have no idea how a lighter person would even stand a chance against these monsters.

Materials: Leather....thick leather
Use: Paper weights
Break-in Period: Infinite
Weight: At least 4 lbs each

These are some serious boots and I guess once in a while you have to pay the price. I wanted something that will get me through as much of the AT next spring as possible. Very heavy duty, made for mountaineering or backpacking. At first it was like walking around in a ski boot.

Pretty slow to break in--caused some decent pain in my shins as my legs are not used to a boot so high (the boot tries to break here), but finally this weekend both the legs and the boots seem to have reached an agreement--no shin pain. Now I just have to get the toe crease in the proper place so that my mangled tootsies will mend. A heavy duty, solid, well constructed, waterproof bomber boot that, with time, will be awesome.

Materials: all leather
Use: rough trail w/heavy pack
Break-in Period: 4 weekends out and counting...
Weight: heavy beasts

Win Kora Wool Activewear for Year-Round Adventuring

Kuiu Peloton 97 Fleece Zip-T Hoodie Review

Lowe Alpine Mesa 6 Review

Maine Fall Color - 2 Night GLT East Side

Coleman Northern Nova Review

Which Leather Waterproofing/Conditioner Do You Use and Why?