Alpine Start Dairy-Free Coffee + Creamer Instant Latte

photo: Alpine Start Dairy-Free Coffee + Creamer Instant Latte coffee

Price MSRP: $8.99
Current Retail: $8.99
Historic Range: $5.99-$9.00

This is a medium blend coffee with NON-dairy coconut creamer added to give a few calories and ease to make creamed coffee. I wanted to see of it lived up to its hype of instant coffee that actually tastes good.

Pros

• Medium Blend
  • Creamer added
  • Slightly sweetned
  • Packaging

Cons

• Cost per box and amounts from sellers varies; for example, found 5 for $8.99 and found 8 for $9.

SANY0555.jpg

So with the saying "instant coffee that actually tastes good" I had to purchase this coffee. I've been using instant coffee for trips now for over 10 years. I wanted to give a look at the coffee world like I do in my normal household.

This coffee has the cream already added so that cuts down one item that I normally have to pack. It also has a little bit of sweetness from the creamer if you're not into a really sweet cup of coffee.

I tend to drink medium to dark roasts at my house and at coffee shops. This really doesn't have a high acidic taste. It has a nice mild flavor of your typical   blended roast. The creamer, which gives it a nice mild flavor and a little bit of sweetness, probably helps cut what you would taste for acidic.

This is easy to make also. Just dump the package in the cup or pot in hot water, stir, and drink. The amount was about right. The package recommends 8 -10 ounces of water. I made it with 12 ounces. The packaging has the directions, the calorie count, and added nutritional info.

So I have ordered another box of this to add to the other three brands of coffee I take hiking and backpacking.

Experience

I am a long distance hiker and member of one of the Appalachian Trail clubs and the Appalachian Trail Long Distance Hikers Association. I've been backpacking since I was 13 in scouts.

Price Paid: $8.99 from Packit Gourmet

Thanks for sharing another food recommendation, Denis. FYI, it looks like the brand is updating this products name to Dairy-Free Coffee + Creamer Instant Latte, so I changed it here too.

Sony RX0 II Review