Arc'teryx Kappa LT Jacket

rated 5.0 of 5 stars

The Kappa LT Jacket has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best waterproof jackets for 2022.

Price Reviewers Paid: $450.00

This is your dream rain jacket that you never use. But it saved me. I hiked up Mount Washington with a lightweight pack, Arc'Teryx Kappa LT top and Beta LT pants and Expedition fleece shirt tucked away for safety. I also had a poncho that I had used in Peru on the Inca Trail.

Now I took a much harder and not well traveled trail up MT. W. For the first 45 min. of the hike (2000 vert feet) I walk fast I wondered why was carrying this stuff in July. Being from the deserts of the Southwest. But, as I just stopped for lunch above the treeline the wind came up and rain started to fall. So, I put on my poncho. Within 60 seconds the wind and rain (in July) made the silver lined poncho useless. And by the time I put on my Arc'Teryx stuff the fog had come in and I didn't have a map or a bearing as to which way I should proceed on the broken rock terrain.

Any ways for two hours I wandered aroung the fog warm and dry in sleet rain howling wind wondering what the hell I was doing up there. Any ways I am sure just shorts and t-shirt would have gotten me hypothermed and cheaper togs would have saved me. I was saved in comfort and I'm very happy with the Arc'Teryx Stuff. JOB

Fabric: Goretex 3 ply
Price Paid: $450 (any ways lots)

Top 12 Outdoor Gear Reviews of 2021

Toaks TiTongs Set Review

Arc'teryx Agrium Hoody Review

Princeton Tec Alloy-X Review

NorSari the original nordic sari Review

Merrell Tetrex Crest Wrap Review