Comfortable bag that packs down to a small size. I…

Summary

Comfortable bag that packs down to a small size.

Pros

• Small pack size
  • Hooded

Cons

• A little tight on me

I bought this bag with pack-ability in mind. I wanted to put it inside my backpack along with everything else. My old bag is so much bigger, in fact it just barely fits inside the pack by itself. I purchased a Granite Gear compression/dry sack (18L) along with this sleeping bag to get the smallest pack size possible. Now I can put my sleeping bag, tent, stove, hatchet, buck knife, fire starters, and more in the main compartment of the backpack.

I think the bag is quite comfortable. It is a bit tight on me, about 195 lbs and 6' tall, but I sleep good in it. I think the footbox is tighter than I am used to. The length is good for me. My old bag was more roomy and had more padding between me and the ground, but it was huge compared to this one. The material on the inside of the bag feels very soft, and the padding is adequate.

The weather has been fairly warm since I picked this bag up, except one night it got down to about 45 degrees F, and I was not cold. The bag is rated for 30 though so I have not tested it at these temperatures yet. I've never really snugged it down tight around my head, even on the cooler night.

I have only used this bag about eight nights in the wilderness so far, so I really can't speak for its longevity.