Black Diamond Cyborg Pro

photo: Black Diamond Cyborg Pro crampon

Price Current Retail: $157.46-$209.95
Historic Range: $139.95-$209.95
Reviewers Paid: $97.00

BD Cyborg Pro - Light enough, versatile, easy to use, strong and functional. I've never had a problem with these and I use them every year on 14'ers...on soft mash potato snow to alpine ice and thin ice, they do the job. The new stainless steel version works well with shedding sticky snow and dirt. They are easy to clean off during and after a trip.

Pros

• Bite ice well
  • Shed snow and debri well
  • Semi-lightweight

Cons

• Expensive

I used the newer Black Diamond Cyborg Pro in stainless steel on spring and winter routes on Mt. Shasta and really enjoy using them. I bought the step-in version as I prefer step-ins over strap-on or hybrid crampons. I like the solid feel and security of having front and rear levers, instead of plastic straps.

From older '90's single leather climbing boots to the latest multi-material technical climbing boots that have front rear welts, the Cyborgs do the job and do it well. Although they are designed for mainly technical ice climbing and higher grades over general mountaineering slopes..I've found them to be useful on just about every type of route and in any season.

Single point or double point..your choice as they are interchangeable - [-:

Source: bought it used