CamelBak Isis

The Isis has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best hydration packs for 2021.

photo: CamelBak Isis hydration pack

Price Historic Range: $21.95-$88.00
Reviewers Paid: $65.00-$80.00

This is a weird review - I LOVE this pack - but I'm a 6' 1" guy, and after trying loads of packs found this to be the perfect shape for me, and I'm not a curvy guy with breasts...

Whatever they say about the fit being for women, it's a great fit for men. And the blue is just fine too. I just got back from a week winter survival skills course in Yellowstone and this was my daypack. Comfortable, good strapping, light, useful outer pocket and side pockets.

Design: top laoding
Size: 20 liter
Number of Pockets: 2 side, 1 outer
Max. Load Carried: 25
Height of Owner: 6' 1"

I love this day pack. It has all the features I was looking for plus extras. It has a women's-specific fit that is very comfortable on my hips and shoulders, is large enough to carry a full day's worth of gear (rain jacket, lunch, snacks, first aid kit, etc.), has lots of pockets that make it very easy to find things, yet still has a low-profile design.

A great feature is that the hydration bladder is in a separate compartment so it doesn't affect the available space of the main compartment when the bladder is full. The side pockets are perfect for storing energy bars and other items I want within easy reach, the bungee carries my rain jacket, and the small front pocket is perfect for my first aid kit. The only feature I would add would be a small zip pocket on the hip belt to carry lip balm or keys. Otherwise, it's nearly perfect!

Design: Top-Loading Day Pack