The Mayhem has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best hydration packs for 2020.

photo: CamelBak Mayhem hydration pack

Price Historic Range: $44.95-$90.00

Actually, I use my Mayhem for short day hikes. I like…

Actually, I use my Mayhem for short day hikes. I like the design. The long outer open pocket with lower side mesh is its best feature, because I can place my bush hat, coat, towels or similar items at easy reach. The pocket can also secure more tightly when needed.

I also have my Leatherman Wave attached inside the outer pocket, which is extremely useful for this often used tool. I also feel more at easy about my camera during more challenging hikes, since a protective pocket for camera/recorder is included with backpack. There are small attachments inside the backpack to place flashlight type shaped items. The hydration system is top-notched, which is a given for this brand.

My Mayhem is actually black with greenish/yellow writing a logo, which is very modern and stylish.

My only complain is the length of (cords?) that latches backpack to chest. They are not long enough for even medium built men.