The Menace has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best winter packs for 2021.
Historic Range: $47.97-$90.00
Reviewers Paid: $45.00
Have used this for many years. It was awesome for all sports. Want a new one.
- Great size, comfortable, versatile
- Easy to actually climb in (mountaineering) and doesn't come loose
- Flap "pocket" handles a helmet easy
- Very feature packed, and came with integrated water-bladder of high quality
- Great bike pack for backcountry biker
- Some features are very curious, as the hidden second accessory loop (at bottom) purpose?
- Wore out after only ten years hard constant use... and the back area can be very hot, no advanced airflow design there. (I can live with that...)
My pack didn't last long enough.
I want/need a new one.
Make it again please.
My whole life (I am 67 now) has been with mountaineering/skiing/climbing/trail hiking/caving etc as hobbies.
What doesn't kill you,
wears out your gear.
Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Pocatello Pump Contest prize MANY years ago.)
Overall a sick pack, rides good, just right size, great features. Only complaint is I wish it had 3 compression straps to make it more lift friendly. Still awesome pack.
Price Paid: 45$
Nice little pack for the money. Carries my snowboard and a shovel well which is important to me. With some packs the snowboard straps seem to be an afterthought, but these function well and hold your board tight. Plus you can put your board sideways if you're on a sled.
The combination of the shovel sleeve and board straps really allow you to attach just about anything very easily and make this pack seem bigger and more useful all year long.
It's big enough for an extra layer, lunch, etc., no problem, plus whatever you want to strap to the outside. 2L water bag is a good size for me.
Cons: Build quality is good, but not great. An older Camelbak I had was a little tougher. I'd prefer nicer straps that curve around your neck a little better, and a nicer fit and finish all around.
Overall though, I'm very pleased. If you get this pack you will like it. Nice pack, Camelbak!