Catoma EBNS Enhanced Bed Net System

Weight 4.5 lb / 2.05 kg
Sleeps 1
Floor Area 90 x 33 in (at head), 90 x 25 (at feet)
Packed Dimensions 13 x 13 x 4 in

Looked like a great design to put on top of my cot…

Price Paid: full retail

Summary

Looked like a great design to put on top of my cot to keep bugs off. It does this. I am six feet tall and due to the design of the ends, this setup is way too short for me. The hoops are great to open up but a real pain to fold back together. I purchased the fly but never used it. I really like Catoma's designs, but this one has a great idea but the average soldier these days must be really short.

Pros

• Great bug net for top of a cot

Cons

• Design of ends make a person 6 feet tall not fit inside.
  • Hoop design great to pitch a pain in the back to refold

Waterproof problems and condensation already covered.

-chase-

I take it you bought the IBNS with the upgrade rainfly kit. I've looked at how the upgrade calls for hooking the netting to the frame, it's ridiculous as you lose the ability to tie the net door up. A tip for you in case you decide to try yours again. Use the frame always. Without it, it doesn't support itself fully. Rather than or coupled with the tie off points of the netting on the upgrade, I found if you tie the hoop to the frame were it intersects with a piece of thin line. This not only holds the net frame up stretching the ends up giving you more room, but also adds rigidity to the the system over all. Still there's better out there. Until you get another, or if you continue to use yours, I hope that these tips help you. Happy trails, - chase -

This is one of the best buys for me this year. Five-minute…

Source: bought it used

Summary

This is one of the best buys for me this year. Five-minute setup, even in the dark!

Pros

• Tough material
  • Great ventilation

Cons

• Carry bag too small and causes poles to break

This is one of the best buys for me this year. Easy to set up even in the dark, light enough to take on weekend hikes. I have used it 5 times this year and it is tough.

Just don't fold all the way down to the smallest size and try to use the bag. I did in the beginning and the poles started to splinter. Taped them up and just found a bigger carry bag that hangs off my pack and no problem since.