Cerro Torre Kodiak

Cerro Torre is no longer in business, and the Kodiak has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best expedition packs for 2020.

Tough as nails. I have had this pack for about 11 to 12 years, and it has been out in the snow for ski backpacking several years, camping in Florida, Oregon, Washington, Appalachian Trail, simple car camping, backpacking—you name it.

This thing looks brand new. It's been beat, rained on, blizzarded on, sweated to death in humidity, used probably 60 days a year for 11-12 years. AMAZING PRODUCT. Even the clips were easily repaired if they got smashed in airports.

Pros

• Tough tough tough fabric
  • Tough zippers
  • Roomy as all get out
  • Wears well
  • Easily repaired clasps
  • Lots of space
  • Accommodates Camelbaks

Cons

• A bit heavy, but who cares

I can't even say more than what I wrote before. This pack even held free weights while we rode ellipticals in the gym in the fall to prepare for the hard ski in to the cabins for our December breaks. IT still looks brand new.

I just love it, and it's purple/blue. Love this pack.

We are going to Alaska in three weeks and I intend to use this pack till it collapses, but I don't think it will. Quality is amazing. Nice adjustable big and small wraps, volume is huge, everything is secure, everything EASILY accessible, and in rain stuff stays DRY.

Price Paid: bargain bin, $99?

Welcome to Trailspace, Kristina, and thanks for sharing your first review with us. I'm not familiar with this pack. Do you have any pictures of it you could share in your review? Thanks!

kristina

HI Alicia, I tried uploading a picture of it to my Profile. Its sorta purple blue, and I could not find an "upload" for a picture in the review! If you could help me I would totally upload a picture of it, as I am proud of it, and it still looks new!

Hi Kristina, To add a picture, click the yellow button at the top or bottom of your review to “Edit this review.” While in the main “Detailed Review” section of your review, click on the photo icon (a little green tree, third from the right) in the menu bar at the top to "insert/edit image." You’ll be able to upload images or link to pictures you’ve posted elsewhere.

I hope that helps!