Chaco Women's Z/Volv 2 Sandal

photo: Chaco Women's Z/Volv 2 Sandal sport sandal

Price Current Retail: $59.99-$99.95
Historic Range: $29.00-$100.00
Reviewers Paid: $99.00

These are durable hiking sandals that adjust to and stabilize your foot. They’re great for day trips, leisurely walks, and short hikes involving mud or water.

Pros

• Good fit
  • Waterproof

Cons

• Not good for long hikes
  • Need worn-in

I originally bought these sandals to take on a trip to Mexico where I would be doing a couple of short day hikes around the Zapatista perimeters, but spending a significant amount of time in a tour bus or sightseeing. I wanted something that would hold up well to walk in all day, but also work with the outfits I had chosen.

These sandals were a great fit. They’re a better transition to city wear than hiking boots, but provide more stability and traction for hiking than tennis shoes would.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Before the trip, I wore them around for a couple of days and did get some blisters, but once they were worn in, I stopped having that problem. However, every time I put them on after I haven't worn them in a while (like every winter), I get blisters from use where the straps hit.

Also, sometimes when they’re wet, I get cuts on my feet where the straps hit. I tried one summer mountain hike in these shoes and ended up with blisters on the bottoms of my feet so big I couldn't walk the next day. But that hasn’t deterred me from using them over and over again!

I love that they're waterproof, easy to clean, and barely show any signs of wear after having them nearly three years. They support my feet well (and give me ankle support that I didn’t expect when I bought them) and never slip—even walking on the rocks in a stream. The straps are also adjustable, so they fit right to your foot.

Another unintended use for these shoes, is they’ve become my go-to canoeing shoe. They do great in the water, and I never have to worry about them coming off or floating away.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

These shoes are really perfect for a walk in the woods where you'll encounter mud or streams, and transition well to daywear. However, I wouldn't recommend them for more vigorous hikes and definitely take some time getting used to them before your adventures.

Welcome to Trailspace, Ann.

FromSagetoSnow

I always read good things about these sandals

Uriah Hon

http://xeroshoes.com/go/Mainerrisms These are worth checking out if you are looking for a decent hiking sandal.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Z/Volv 2 Sandal versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Z/Volv 2 Sandal. Read all reviews »