Appealing packaging and presentation cannot make up…

Summary

Appealing packaging and presentation cannot make up for a flavorless sawdust. Hands down the worst Clif Bar I have tried.

Pros

• LOOKS delicious

Cons

• Bland taste

With the holidays fast approaching Clif Bar, will soon be rolling out its seasonal flavors. So I thought this would be a good time to warn you away from trying the "Hot Chocolate" flavored bar.

At my local REI, I grabbed an impulse item at the checkout. Who could blame me when the packaging looks so festive!

20170209_121140.jpgThe packaging was appropriate as I was hiking and camping near Jackson Falls, the climbing mecca of southern Illinois.

Of course, the ingredients list is never appealing on these bars.

20170209_121226.jpgYeah, Soy Protein Isolate!!!!

Here's a mouthwatering picture. Might that be real frosting? Is this going to taste like a chocolaty cup of mocca, with whipped cream on top????

20170209_121309.jpg

No. It tasted like flavorless Rolled Oats and Soy Protein Isolate. I was REALLY hungry, and this still tasted like sawdust. If there was suppose to be a hint of chocolate in this thing, I didn't find it.

Some Clif Bars taste better than others. This one, though, is the most bland bar I have tried.

As a big fan of hot chocolate (the drink), this makes me sad.

Jake W

hahaha recently tried this flavour as well. Something about a warm cup of hot chocolate seems so inviting. I found it was like dumping the dry hot chocolate powder into my mouth.

Now I'm so curious I may feel compelled to try it.

G00SE

But I am warning you not to try it, and Jake agreed. Of course, I didn't get any chocolaty flavor in mine.

Challenge accepted! (If I see it at a store I'll pick up one.)

G00SE

You don't seem to get the point of these reviews. :P

Jake W

She's new to trailspace goose, you should be welcoming!

Haha! I still want to try it now. It's like when people say "Is something wrong with this? Taste it..."

G00SE

Did you ever try this flavor, Alicia?

I have yet to see it in a local store...so unfortunately I have not had the honor.