Clif Kit's Organic Fruit & Nut

Q&A

Have a question about bars? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

FOUR ingredients! It's organic, but I like it anyway.

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Trailspace)

Summary

FOUR ingredients! It's organic, but I like it anyway.

Pros

• Simply made
  • Tastes great
  • Wholesome ingredients

Cons

• Organic

I don't agree with the religion of organic food, I think it's a hoax.

Having said that I really like this bar. I tried the Cashew one and I was impressed at the simplicity and great taste of this bar. I prefer to eat simpler food; less processed and made with ingredients I can pronounce, so the idea of only four ingredients interests me. I have no concerns about feeding these to my kids. I plan on going online and buying several today.

I think this bar has a bright future if it can manage to distinguish itself from the myriad of other similar products. I wish it wasn't organic, but maybe I can figure out how to make these myself.

Dates, Cashews, Almonds, Sea Salt: I can't find fault with any of these ingredients. I like the simplicity and the taste.

I ate mine on a day that was about 85°F.  It was soft, but not mushy. I think they would hold up well in the cold too.

Update:  I tried these cold and from the fridge, they are tougher but still edible. I think if it were below freezing you'd be better off with another type of snack.

FromSagetoSnow

Update: I ordered three boxes of these and they just arrived. My friend's son has very special dietary needs, these are perfect for him. I love them and I know he will like having something just like the other kids can eat.

Glad to hear they've been such a success in your house, FromSagetoSnow. You've convinced me to give them a try too.