Coleman Micro Backpack Stove

photo: Coleman Micro Backpack Stove compressed fuel canister stove

The Coleman Micro Backpack Stove is the same as the Coleman Max Micro Stove.

The Micro Backpack Stove is also sold as the Coleman Max Micro Stove.

Price MSRP: $59.99
Reviewers Paid: $28.00

I have seen lots of really expensive backpacking stoves and they work great... but for the money, this little stove does pretty good! This is a very inexpensive, compact, and lightweight stove.

Pros

• Inexpensive
  • Compact
  • Easily adjustable
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Takes a while to cool down

I have always cooked over fire when camping, but recently decided to get a backpacking stove. I came across this stove for the great price of $28 and decided to try it out. I have been very pleased with it so far.

It is pretty lightweight, weighing 6.6oz (without fuel) and is pretty compact. I can fit it inside my stainless steel camping cup, which is convenient.

This stove attaches directly to the fuel bottle and adjusts very easily with a turn-knob to increase or decrease the flame. It will light easily with a lighter, match, or firestarter and takes very little effort to operate.

I really enjoyed being able to boil water for coffee without having to wait on the fire to heat the water up and worry about ashes and debris getting in the water.

A feature that I really like is that the arms of the stove fold up to make it more compact.

This stove seems to be built well and seems to be durable. I have not had it very long yet, but I have taken it on an over night 8.2mi. hike and really enjoyed having it on the trip with me.

This stove has definitely lived up to expectations and I expect to get many years of use out of it.

Here is a video to show you how it operates:

stove without fuel - closed position

stove without fuel - open position

Stove in action

Best backpack stove for the money and more.

Pros

• Cost
  • Performance
  • Lght weight

Cons

• Does not come with a hard case to protect it while in pack. I have mine in an empty 20ga shell box.

I used mine in Colorado above 10,000 ft and camped above 9,000 ft and it works perfect as well as others in our group of six people. I not bashing other higher priced stoves, but their performance was no faster boiling water and this stove does it for half the cost.

I would buy another if I ever lose it or break it. It is a great little backpack stove.

Review Your Gear to Win Kora Wool Activewear worth $660

Gregory Nano Waistpack Review

Coleman Northern Nova Review

Maine Fall Color - 2 Night GLT East Side

Which Leather Waterproofing/Conditioner Do You Use and Why?

TOPS Knives Mil-Spie 3 Review