Coleman NorthStar Duel Mantle Perfectflow InstaStart

rated 5.0 of 5 stars

The NorthStar Duel Mantle Perfectflow InstaStart has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best fuel-burning lanterns for 2020.

photo: Coleman NorthStar Duel Mantle Perfectflow InstaStart fuel-burning lantern

Price Historic Range: $34.99-$97.00
Reviewers Paid: $19.95

My family has always used Coleman lanterns at night when camping and I use them too. This is the NorthStar Duel Mantle Perfectflow InstaStart. It is convienient and easy to use and really puts out quite a bit of light. We use them constantly at home at night in the backyard too. It easily screws onto a Propane canister and has a wonderful base that the Propane canister sits in and it has 4 "feet" that unfold for superior stability while sitting on a table or the ground. As with all lanterns, it also comes with the hanger to hang from a pole or tree branch.

I personally do not like the InstaStart push button ignitor as sometimes there is too much gas inside the globe and it can "poof" which scares me so I always use a long match or camp stove lighter and then turn on the gas to light it!