Coleman Self-Inflating Pad

photo: Coleman Self-Inflating Pad self-inflating sleeping pad

Price Current Retail: $34.99
Historic Range: $24.95-$49.99
Reviewers Paid: $25.00-$29.96

A good value and solid comfort.

Pros

• Low price
  • Solid comfort
  • Suitable for car camping

Cons

• Large size
  • A bit oversized for backpacking

I bought this self-inflating pad so I could sleep in comfort while accompanying my grandson on Boy Scout campouts. The foam pad I had been using left me stiff and bruised. This pad was almost as comfortable as my bed at home. It inflates itself in a minute or two, then I add about six good puffs to firm it up.

I generally like Coleman products, however this pad was not very good. I used it about 5 times and then it would not hold air through the night. It is heavy, and didn't last. Buy a Therm-a-rest.

Gets 1 star for the attached pillow.

Version reviewed: Coleman Max

I bought this for a backpacking trip. I was trying it out on my living room floor and the seam on the pillow blew out. I called Coleman's customer service line to see what I needed to do for the warranty. They told me to return it to where it was purchased, and just generally didn't act like they cared to hear about it.

I thought this was kind of funny because right on the warranty card it says in bold letters DO NOT RETURN TO PLACE OF PURCHASE! Overall, I'm not impressed with Coleman. Another case of a good company gone down the tubes.

Win Kora Wool Activewear for Year-Round Adventuring

Kuiu Peloton 97 Fleece Zip-T Hoodie Review

Lowe Alpine Mesa 6 Review

Maine Fall Color - 2 Night GLT East Side

Coleman Northern Nova Review

Which Leather Waterproofing/Conditioner Do You Use and Why?