I've taken the coat to Mt Kilimanjaro via the western…

Price Paid: +/- $400

I've taken the coat to Mt Kilimanjaro via the western breach, and Mt. Kenya. I love this coat systems flexibility, lots of options. I esp like that you can have the down vest in your summit pack for that quick extra warmth when you stop for a break.

Negs.. don't put electronics (ipod or alt watch) in the sleeve pockets. The fabric does wick as well as it says, soaking anything in those pockets. I will be seam taping those pockets to block sweat vapors. Also, Columbia did not make this coat this year, so in the very unlikely event of warranty work, yer s.o.l.

I don't regret paying top dollar for this coat. I've climbed in Africa and will be taking the coat back to the Andes. I'm very happy with it.

The Valhalla Mountain Parka has been discontinued.

The Columbia Valhalla Mountain Parka is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 20, 2007 at Backcountry Outlet.

Review Your Gear to Win a Hults Bruk Akka Axe or Helle Wabakimi Knife