DryGuy Force Dry Shoe & Glove Dryer

rated 4.5 of 5 stars (1)
photo: DryGuy Force Dry Shoe & Glove Dryer footwear cleaner/treatment

Price Historic Range: $44.89

Combining low heat with air movement speeds drying…

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)

Summary

Combining low heat with air movement speeds drying greatly. Packs down reasonably small when not in use.

Pros

• Excellent airflow
  • Adjustable and extendable arms
  • 105 degree heat
  • Quick dry times

Cons

• Heavy boots will cause arms to move

The DryGuy Force Dry boot and glove dryer is a vast improvement over the air only boot dryer I have been using for the last 25 years. By introducing 105-degree heat along with air flow the Force Dry has cut my boot drying time in half. The heated air does a much more thorough job of fully drying boots, shoes, and gloves without causing any damage. By getting my equipment fully dry I no longer have to worry about the buildup of mold or bacteria and the associated smell.

Articulated arms that also extend allow boots or shoes to be dried in a variety of positions.

Using the Force Dry is as simple as plugging the dryer in, moving the dryer arms into position, extending them if necessary, and twisting the timer dial to set the dryer time. I usually set the timer for 90 minutes for boots and 60 minutes for gloves.

For ski boots or winter boots, I have been drying them for about 90 minutes.

Gloves, even if soaked can be dried in as little as an hour.

The fairly compact size and weight (3.5 lbs) made it easy to bring on several two-week long ski trips this winter.  I have even used the dryer to preheat my ski boots so they are easier to put on. Priced at a reasonable $50, this is a piece of equipment that will go a long way towards keeping your boots and gloves dry and ready for use.

Disclosure: I received a sample of this product for purposes of this review, but the opinions expressed are my own.

Phil Smith

I’ve had a different brand of boot dryer for over 12 years now, it came in very handy for those 16 hour days on the mountain when I was a ski lift mechanic. Get home at midnight, put the Sorels on the dryer, and they’d be nice and warm & dry when I’d leave for work at 0530. Mine doesn’t dry gloves very well, though, maybe I’ll get one of these for that purpose. And give some for Christmas.