Eagles Nest Outfitters SoloPod Hammock Stand

photo: Eagles Nest Outfitters SoloPod Hammock Stand hammock accessory

Price Current Retail: $209.89-$209.97
Historic Range: $199.95-$299.95
Reviewers Paid: $200.00-$249.95

This sturdy, easy to set up hammock stand provides convenience and freedom—more hammock time without the need for trees or straps. Though, not as portable as described by ENO.

Pros

• Easy setup
  • Aesthetically appealing
  • Solid construction, 400lb capacity

Cons

• Too bulky for easy portability

Now I can use my ENO & Hennessy Hammocks anywhere I wish, no trees nor straps needed.

Eight pieces snap together easily and I’m ready to hang my hammock. Its sturdy construction allows it to remain stable and balanced on different terrains, as I chase the ever-moving shade in my backyard. Its shapely aesthetic and powder-coated steel mean I can leave it assembled in my back yard (wife-approved).

Also, my hammock settles low enough to convert to a swing. And my dog can easily hop in—important conditioning for when we go hammock camping.

Still, the Solopod is not as portable as I believed from the packaging. In total, the eight pieces weigh 58 pounds and are of an awkward size. I won’t wrestle with this in order to bring it along to the beach or any locale that’s a significant distance from the car. This needs the convenience of a wheeled carry bag, similar to the quick shades.

Also, I'd like the convenience of a shade made-to-order for this product. In lieu of this, I tie a ridge line for my rain fly, but have no convenient anchor points for stretching out the tarp. A custom shade that can be easily attached would be ideal.

Still, I’m glad I have it and highly recommend the ENO Solopod to anyone that wants to enjoy their hammock even when Nature doesn’t provide nearby trees.

ENO-Solopod.jpg

This is a very sturdy, quality stand that fits my ENO DN perfectly. Very easily assembled in minutes and movable if need be. Also, this stand looks good in my backyard.

Pros

• Very sturdy
  • Trouble free
  • No moving parts

Cons

• Too heavy to carry very far

I sleep in my hammock at least three nights a week. This stand is sturdier than any other I've seen or used. The hammock clips on and off in seconds, and the sag is perfect.

I expect years of good service from this stand. It also looks good too. You can easily transport this stand to the beach or park in the trunk of a car, but it's a bit too heavy carry by hand very far. Definitely not for hikers,  but car camping would be fine.

Patagonia Fitz Roy 30° Review