Comfortable, a little heavy, and durable well designed…

Summary

Comfortable, a little heavy, and durable well designed pants.

Pros

• Plenty of pockets

Cons

• A little heavy

It's a little weird to review a pair of pants. I mean, each brand and style of pants fits a little different and offers different feel and features.

I typically wear a lightweight guide pant like the Kuhl Revolvr, but those pants haven't held up well in the seams in the bottom of the crotch (right where everything comes together). So I went out searching for pants with some similar design elements but which were a little more durable and that's when I settled on the Eddie Bauer Mountain Pant.

These pants are comfortable and fit well without being too snug in the places a guy wouldn't want them to be too snug. They come in a very limited number of colors — "aged brass," "dark slate," and "saddle." I have the aged brass which is sort of coppery in color. I have pretty skinny legs and they aren't overly baggy on my thighs but they still leave me with a good range of motion. Squatting doesn't cause any discomfort.

The material is described as 10 oz cotton canvas. That translates to a fairly heavy but not overly burdensome weight. I wouldn't want to go hiking in them in the summer but for fall through spring use they are a perfect weight.

The pants have the standard pockets on the front and back along with one extra side of the thigh pocket that is perfect for stowing your cell-phone so it is out of the way but easily accessible. It can hold a fairly large phone (I have the S7 Active) but it is probably too small for something like the Galaxy Note 6. They call it a "rear entry utility pocket" as it sits on the back/side of your right thigh.

I have worn these hiking around the woods in Appalachia as well as to work and they fit in perfectly in both environments. They are currently my favorite pant.

You can find these pants at the Eddie Bauer website under the exact title "Men's Mountain Pants."

Nice review, Bill!