This tent is wonderful for extended (3+ days) camping…

Design: Integrated fly- three-season
Ease of Setup: moderate
Weight: 35

This tent is wonderful for extended (3+ days) camping trips. I bought it last spring and enjoyed it for three trips last summer. It is unique in that the fly is integrated with the interior of the tent: The interior attaches to the fly by clips so that you could remove the interior and sleep only under the fly (why?). That said, I think it's a neat system anyway.

The second time I used this tent, it began raining (hard) before I finished setting up. The tent was a gem! Because of the integrated fly, nothing inside got wet and it dried out very quickly. In addition, there were strong winds, and the tent was very stable.

It was a little difficult setting up the first time, but I color coded the poles to make it easier the second time. It's not an easy tent to set up by yourself, but it is possible, especially after you figure out how it works. It's extremely comfortable, large, and high. I had my queen airbed in one area, with plenty of room for a second.

Other than the setup, I can't think of anything that I'd improve.

The Kahuna has been discontinued.

The Eureka! Kahuna is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 27, 2006 at Sierra.

Swiftwick Pursuit Four Sock Review