Lightweight, full-tang lightsaber...I mean survival…

Summary

Lightweight, full-tang lightsaber...I mean survival knife. The F1 is a heavy-duty yet nimble knife with a well-deserved reputation in the global outdoor community.

Pros

• Full-tang
  • Laminated VG10 stainless steel
  • Convex grind

Cons

• Thermorun handle can be uncomfortable over long periods of use
  • Awkwardly-placed lanyard hole

This has been the standard issue survival knife for pilots in the Swedish Air Force since 1995.

This is as capable a knife as any I have ever owned, and yet it's so lightweight that I don't hesitate to take it on hiking/backpacking outings.

• Weighs 6 oz.
  • OAL 3.8"
  • Blade length 3.8"
  • 59 HRC

fn-1z.jpg

myf1-1.jpg
Shaving sharp
myfa-2.jpg

This knife was the sharpest out-of-the-box production knife I have ever owned, and it has taken very little effort to maintain that level of sharpness. I've been using it for various outdoor activities (camping, backpacking, hiking, fishing, carving, etc...) for the past 5 years, and it hasn't let me down yet.

It's comfortable to use in a variety of grips, and the edge retention is outstanding. I don't know that I've even sharpened it, though I do maintain the edge with a strop.

The VG10 steel, thermorun handle, and zytel sheath make it very corrosion resistant in wet environments.

I recommend this tool for anyone who spends time outdoors participating in activities where a good fixed-blade knife is necessary.

Thanks for the review of your F1, beacon.