Feathered Friends Geoduck Down Pillow

Reviewers Paid: $35.00
Average Weight 6 oz / 170 g
Fill Power 700+ Premium White Goose Down
Country of Origin Made in the USA

A lightweight packable soft pillow for comfy nights.

Pros

• Packable
  • Soft
  • Warm

Cons

• No real head support

My old Thermarest pillow had lived out its useful life, and so a few years back I was looking for something to replace it. I came across the Feathered Friends Geoduck (gooey-duck) pillow, and thought I'd give it a try.

On the plus side, it is light weight (6 oz), and packs down small in its built-in stuff pocket. The 700+ fill power down lofts up quickly, and pillow is cozy and warm. Workmanship is excellent... no loose threads or leaky down in the five years I've had it.

20160312_101242-1-.jpg

My only real disappointment is, that because it is so packable, the down fill compresses down as soon as you lay your head on it. So there is really no head support. I end up piling stuff underneath it at night, just so I don't haveĀ a sore neck in the morning. I don't know that there's any way to change this, without changing the essential design of the pillow. So if you are looking for good support, this may not be the best choice.

20160312_101310-1-.jpg

However, that reservation aside, this is a soft, warm, and comfy place to rest your head, which won't weigh you down.

NOTE: I don't think you can purchase this from any stores, but have to order it directly from Feathered Friends.

Thanks for the review, David. This sounds a lot like my Western Mountaineering Cloudrest pillow.