Historic Range: $37.94-$49.95
Reviewers Paid: $30.00
8 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches
This thing is a toy at best. I originally loved the…
This thing is a toy at best. I originally loved the idea of a rechargeable lantern in the field. I was disappointed with this unit for the following reasons.
- Poor run time compared to other LED lanterns available.
- Weak light, this thing is not bright.
- The crank recharge system is no where near as efficient as the manufacture claims. On high you get a minute burn time for a minute crank time, yup a 1 to 1. On low (which is night light level) you get about a 3 minute burn time to one minute crank time.
In a 2 man tent it is somewhat usable but I gave this lantern to my kid. There are just some many better products then this.
If you car camp, or need an emergency light for your…
Price Paid: $30
If you car camp, or need an emergency light for your house or car, this is a wonderful lamp and a must buy. The lantern weighs approximately one pound, and is best suited for car camping.
There are two light options on the lantern:
1. The lantern features a series of LEDs pointing upwards towards a diffuser. These LEDs are hooked to an easily adjustable dimmer switch. You can select just the right amount of light for appropriate situations. Note that the amount of light you select will affect the length the battery powering the LEDs will last. However, this is a hand-crank lantern so running out of battery power is not a big deal. At the highest light setting, the lantern casts enough light to fill a small 12 x 12 room indoors and in the wild it casts enough light for a picnic table and its immediate surroundings.
2. The second light option is great. It is a forward facing high powered LED light you can toggle on and off with its' own button. If you are carrying the lantern vertically in your hand, this LED casts its light forward. The output on this LED light is amazing, and is comparable to that of a Petzl ZIPKA at close to full light intensity. It works great for those trips out of the tent in the middle of the night.
This light is most effective when hung above eye level.
1. Plug it in (with the included AC adapter) and charge battery
2. Use hand crank to charge the battery