GoLite Granite Creek Trinity Bonded Softshell Jacket

GoLite is no longer in business, and the Granite Creek Trinity Bonded Softshell Jacket has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best soft shell jackets for 2022.

photo: GoLite Granite Creek Trinity Bonded Softshell Jacket soft shell jacket

Men's
Price Historic Range: $53.99-$160.00
Reviewers Paid: $58.00
Women's
Price Historic Range: $49.99

This jacket is outstanding. Great wind protection, comfortable, and functional. I have yet to feel the wind or the rain through this jacket.

Pros

• Great wind resistance
  • Water resistant
  • Very comfortable and warm
  • Price

Cons

• Sleeves a little long (but I did have to go up a size)

I absolutely love this jacket. It is extremely comfortable, and it has stood up to the winds of South Dakota just fine with no problems. If I had to say anything bad about it, it would be that since it has more of an athletic fit, I had to step up one size which made the sleeves a tad bit long (it's not chubby hubby friendly).

On the positive side, it makes me feel like I'm in better shape when I wear it :-). With that being said, the velcro adjustment straps keep the sleeve on the wrist, and that seal also keeps moisture out when it's windy AND wet. It has a nice, vertical zip chect pocket, two inside open pockets, and a whole lot of warmth for the weight.

As I said in the summary, I have yet to feel the wind through this jacket and, to date, no water has gotten through (although to be honest, I have not been in any full-blown rainstorms).

I picked this up at a GoLite store in Ft. Collins during the year-end clearance for around $58. It just doesn't get much better than that. You absolutely cannot go wrong with this jacket. If you buy one and don't like it, call me. I'll take it off your hands.

Swiftwick Flite XT Trail Review

Mystery Ranch Forager Hip Pack Review

Salomon Supercross GTX Review

Nittany Mountain Works Cordura Ditty Bag Review

Osprey Stratos 34 Review

Hennessy Hammock HH2O AutoMagic Water Collector & Rainfly Tensioner System Review