GoLite Phantom Jacket

rated 5.00 of 5 stars

GoLite is no longer in business, and the Phantom Jacket has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best waterproof jackets for 2020.

photo: GoLite Phantom Jacket waterproof jacket

Men's
Price MSRP: $220.00
Historic Range: $99.95-$200.00
Reviewers Paid: $100.00
Women's
Price Historic Range: $80.00-$220.00

This is a great jacket, super light and packable. You can take it anywhere and count on it to keep out the elements. I used it doing winter dolphin surveys in the Atlantic from a small boat. The waves repeatedly came over the bow and blasted us with frigid water, but I stayed warm and dry wearing this jacket over a fleece.

Fabric: PacLite

I used it in the India's side of Himalaya this April. The best thing about this jacket is the wired hood that is stiff and stands out like a mini visor. As you turn your head the hood will turn too. This ensures that you have unobstructed vision when it is raining out there. I have seen many other manufacturers' hood design, still none has a functional design like this one. Even my more expensive Arc'Teryx Beta AR's hood can't match this.

As you would expect from GoLite, this jacket really packed small and is very breathable. I think this is one of the best jacket you can buy for your wet weather outdoor pursuit. If I could wear it to 4550m high up in the Himalaya mountain, I'm pretty sure that you can use it for all your backpacking/trekking trips.

Fabric: Gore-Tex PacLite
Price Paid: SGD300

How to Get Outside and Recreate Responsibly this Winter

Hoka TenNine Hike GTX Review

Jetboil MiniMo Cooking System Review

ZJ Sport Epic Medium Wing Paddle Review

Does anyone have plans to build something like this