Herman leather upper

rated 5.0 of 5 stars

The leather upper has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best backpacking boots for 2022.

Herman is absolutely, hands down the best boot one can buy. However, I am having difficulty finding them, either on the web or in stores. I had my last pair of Hermans (with the Vibram soles) for ten years, needless to say they are just worn out now.

The only thing is that they are a little heavy, but they are practically indestructible. They are warm and comfortable and with a little TLC stay waterproof. They are actually easier to walk around in all day than sneakers, great support.

Materials: leather, Vibram soles
Use: Hiking, camping, fishing, work
Break-in Period: almost none

I bought my first pair of Hermans in 1973. I still use them today. The things just can't be wore out. When I started looking for a lighter hiking boot of course I bought another pair of Hermans. I'm glad I did.

Last Wednesday night, after I got out of the shower, I remembered that I had left the barn door open. I looked around the living room for my house shoes and didn't see them. What I did see was my Hermans sitting by the door where I had left them when I came home earlier. I just said what the heck and stuck my barefeet in them and started out to the barn.

As I walked past my pickup I thought I had tripped on something. I looked down and to my surprise there was a three foot copperhead with his fangs stuck in my boots. I kicked him loose and killed him, then started checking for a bite in my foot. Thanks to the quality of my Hermans the snake's fangs didn't come through my boot. I almost had a heart attack, but my foot was untouched.

B. Vance

WV.

Materials: leather
Use: snow and mountian wear
Break-in Period: 1 month