High Peak Summit Jr. 0
Reviewers Paid: $34.99
The High Peak Summit Junior Sleeping Bags are great for kids who love to play in the outdoors. They are small and lightweight enough for kids to carry into the backcountry, and will keep them cozy and warm in less-than-perfect weather.
- Well built bag, seems to have plenty of baffles to keep the fill in place.
- Draft tube and chest collar really keep the warmth in
- Can be zipped with another bag, since I have 2 backpackers (ages 7 and 9) that both have this bag this works great. They get more room to sleep and I don't have to worry that they are not covered up.
- Two-way zippers are quite common, yet you really miss them if you don't have them. This is another nice feature.
- Weighs only 2.75 lbs.... Great for a young backpacker who is just starting out.
- It kept both of my boys warm on a 17 degree night in the mountains, not an easy feat for my 9-year old.
- Zippers seem to get caught on the material from time to time. I fear my boys may rip the bag by pulling too hard on the stuck zipper. It hasn't happened yet.
- Compressibility.... not as good as the adult version of this same bag. This doesn't make any sense to me, since it is smaller in size.
- Weight.... I know it is light enough to backpack with. However, it is heavier than the adult version of the same bag. ???? Did they change the materials between the kids and adult versions? I don't understand why they would have.
I really like these bags, yet I can't understand why or how they are less compressible and weigh more than the adult version. If we hadn't already used them, I would have returned them and gotten the adult version for my boys, the adult version is bigger so they could grow into it and it weighs less and keeps them just as warm. In the end, we now have and use this bag about once or twice a week. For the price I am very happy, and my boys are excited at camp to show off their backpacking bags.
Fill: Dura Fiber H1
Temperature Rating: 0F (-18C)
Price Paid: $34.99