Honey Stinger Snack Bar

All natural snack bar. Gluten free and non-GMO. A…

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer

Summary

All natural snack bar. Gluten free and non-GMO. A quick nutritious snack.

Pros

• All natural ingredients and non-GMO
  • Gluten free
  • Tasty

Cons

• Texture a bit dry

Honey Stinger Cran-Apple and Walnut snack bars are small, three-bite snacks that work well on the trail. Containing 8 natural ingredients, the bars provide 150 calories, 5 grams of fat and offer 3 grams of protein and 27 grams of carbohydrates.

Over the past two months, I took these bars on two backpacking trips of a combined 16 days and 150 miles. Used as a mid morning and afternoon snack they gave me extra energy without making me feel filled up and bloated. The small size and light weight also didn't add much too my pack weight. I enjoyed the taste quite a bit, you really get a good taste of the sweet honey and tangy cranberries in each of the three bites it takes to finish off one of these bars.

What I didn't really care for was the texture of the bars which for me was a little too dry, a problem I find with a lot of snack and energy bars. I will say that didn't keep me from consuming about 15 of them during the two trips. I will continue to take these on future trips as I think the flavor and small size overshadow my issue with the texture.

The snack bars come in four flavors and are available in boxes of 15 bars.

IMG_20161005_103146061_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161005_103213702_HDR.jpg

Product details:

• Flavors: Cran-Apple & Walnuts, Nuts, Seeds & Roasted Serrano, Peanut butter & Jelly, Super fruit & Ancient grain
  • Cost: Box of 15- $25.35

Disclosure: I received a sample of this product for purposes of this review, but the opinions expressed are my own.