Ibex Scout 1/2 Zip

photo: Ibex Scout 1/2 Zip long sleeve performance top

Very nice. Wearing it now, w/ my Shak in the drawer.... Size Lg... Am 6ft, 200lbs, Compared to my Shak Zip Hoody, it fits a bit smaller in length, an extra 2" in length would've been exceptional, but I always want more fabric... Sleeve length is just fine.

The double fabric is a tight pilled face on the outside sewn onto a super soft inner fabric. A faux fleece, but I think the fleece is a faux Bouncle', Truly.... I can envision myself doing a day+ of skiing, or a multi-day hike, with this Scout over my Shak and Woolies top, with my Zepher and Taku Shell in my pack as reserve.

I have the Black Navy Heather, and it is much darker than in the pic. Think US Navy dress uni... The sun does light up the blue hints, though... At a third off, but with shipping and a duty payout I should dispute, being US made, all putting my total savings at $10 off msrp, I still consider my Scout an an amazing deal on a work of art.

I think Merino wool is one of the factors that may, just may, lead to the salvation of mankind.

Lose your Oily Fleece and Buy a Scout!

Price Paid: $94.93 US

One of the best sweaters you could ever own. Machine washable, great design with tailored athletic fit, and extremely comfortable. This is my absolute favorite sweater.

Perfect mid-weight, and does not itch. Very dense weave, so it is pretty wind resistant. Chest pocket is perfect for wallet or glasses in town, or a power bar or light glove on a ski tour. I have not seen a better touring, all-around sweater on the market.

Fabric: Wool