Iturri MTP Patrol Boots

photo: Iturri MTP Patrol Boots backpacking boot

Leather uppers, minimal stitching, no gtx, high ankle cuff, medium flex and torsional rigidity.

Pros

• Medium flex
  • Great self cleaning sole
  • None gtx
  • Cambrelle lined
  • All leather upper
  • Eva cushioning
  • Price
  • Triple stitched seams

Cons

• No rand
  • Simple Eva insole

Itturi are a Spanish boot maker manufacturing British MOD footwear and Altbergs none bespoke range. I've been using these boots for over a year now for most walking applications outside technical winter routes. I've used Microspikes and Kahtoola K10 crampons.

Screenshot_20211011_202921.jpg
Iturri MTP Patrol

No gtx lining, a plus point, leather uppers, great sole unit, and I've picked up new stock for £50 gbp. This is fantastic for what you get, and available in Medium or Wide.

Premium brands have a premium price tag. These are also re-soleable.
I've purchased a few pairs and sold my pre-owned Hoka and Salomon boots as IMHO these are seriously better made, and will outlast the branded footwear I've previously owned.

Combined with a DexShell or Sealskinz sock these boots are the business on mountain and flat terrains alike. Cambrelle lined they're suitable for summer boot wearers.

Experience

I've spent a year in these doing many hikes in four-season weather conditions. I've enjoyed them so much I've purchased a few pairs and sold my Hoka and Salomon.

These boots retail at around 100 gbp, but if you're savvy you can pick up new unboxed pairs for 50 gbp or less. In my opinion a whole lot of boot for the money, I'd be happy to pay full RRP as the quality is very good.

Price Paid: 50 gbp

Thanks for the recommendation and bringing this brand to our attention, Thomas!

Final Days: Review Your Gear to Win Kora Wool Layers