Jack Wolfskin Trail Head II

rated 3.5 of 5 stars

Price Reviewers Paid: $205.00-$225.00

Love the pack. A friend found it for me and I've been using it every day for many months. The two top zippers finally broke, but the rest is in top shape. I've been homeless for 2 years and this is the best pack yet.

Pros

• Holds all my stuff

Cons

• The zippers broke

It is very comfortable, even when I have over 50 lbs. in it, which is quite often.

Source: received it as a personal gift

I've taken this pack on two trips both 5 days or more and three trips of 4 days. Last year I took it to Gannet Peak in WY--lots of gear! I read the review complaining about the seams. I have had no such problem. The pack is very comfortable, adjusts quickly and has been very durable. I find the 2 pockets are too small for round water bottles so I use pint size plastic whiskey bottles. They're slim and more durable than say gatorade type bottles. (I'm cheap so i don't buy the "nalgene" (sp) bottles. I like the hell out of this pack. I plan on keeping it for a long time!

Design: top loading internal
Size: around 6000 cubic in.
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 85 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'10"

I love the pack, I have used it on three trips. The pack has recently started to come apart at the seams. No problem, I just contact Jack Wolfskin, they are a huge company that makes great products. Wrong, Wolfskin is no longer hornoring their warranty's. I am stuck with an expensive pack that is coming apart. I can't afford a new one right now and the company Wolfskin referred me to wants $125 deposite to look at the bag and I must pay to ship it to Washington state. So much for a lifetime warranty.

Design: RUCKSACK