I purchased this bag at closeout and have taken it…

Design: Top loading internal
Size: 5200 ci
Number of Pockets: 6 including top pocket
Max. Load Carried: 40 pounds
Height of Owner: 5' 10"

I purchased this bag at closeout and have taken it on a short shakedown overnighter. Overall, I am quite happy with it. The side pockets are large enough for my camp stove, fuel, and cleaning supplies. It has some nice stretchy mesh pockets at the lower end on both sides that are great for water bottles or stowing wet socks, etc.. The lower bag zip is very sturdy and will accept a sizable sleeping bag with ease. The suspension has a sturdy velcro shoulder strap adjustment which takes only a minute or so to adjust.

A few improvements I'd like to see: an additional pocket on each side, and an adjustable hip belt. This is a comfortable, rugged bag for the money. I'd definitely recommend it as a great budget bag for the money.

The Klamath II has been discontinued.

The JanSport Klamath II is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 11, 2008 at GearTrade.

Mystery Ranch Coulee 40 Review