These boots are a warm, dry, and light pac boot made…

Summary

These boots are a warm, dry, and light pac boot made by a proven company.

Pros

• I love their weight
  • Warm with removable liner
  • Waterproof bottoms
  • Water resistant tops

Cons

• They weren't free.

I like these boots a whole lot. 12 inches high, which is important and standard boot wear to me, prevents snow and water getting in on ankles and stops lots of brush and briar wear on pants.

They are rated for -40°f but I've never had them below about -12°f and they were warm and comfortable.

They fit well out of the box with no problems except maybe with my wide foot they could've been a bit wider but the liner does collapse some after some use, making these quite comfortable.

200 gram removable synthetic liner. I should have bought an extra for when one pair gets wet but they do dry fast.

They have an excellent comfortable footbed...and have great ankle support.

These boots lace up. And are excellent for work [if you need a pac boot they are Much Lighter than say a Sorel and that is important to me and should be to you, ounces matter especially on the feet], hunting, some hiking, and definitely snowshoeing.

These may be as light as the old wool lined, nylon/rubber snowmobile boot.

Traction is VG.

I didn't rate these boots 5 stars only because I haven't had them below -12°f so maybe -40°f is just talk. I don't know...plus everyone is different in cold weather ratings.

Molded Rubber bottoms. Leather uppers are double stitched to bottoms.

Used part of one winter and will be one half of my go-to snowshoeing boots this winter. They show little wear.

Cost [on many  sites] $89.99.

Sorry, I can't post photos at present.

Experience

I've had pac boots off and on since the 1960s and snowshoed since about 1970.

Thanks for the review of your Kamiks, Old Guide. Did you know Kamik also makes a Nation Wide model? https://www.trailspace.com/gear/kamik/nation-wide/

Old Guide

I did not know. Thanks Alicia.

You're welcome, Old Guide!