Current Retail: $80.96-$89.95
Historic Range: $67.46-$89.95
Reviewers Paid: $90.00
So much easier to have this gravity filter at the campsite than pumping into water bottles. Great all around for filling water bottles and cleaning up.
- Easy to use
- Fast flow from a mountable source
- 10 L model would mean fewer trips to the water source
Details from manufacturer with comments following:
- Easy-to-use dry bag-style design provides safe, potable water for large groups, base camps and family camping trips -- Yes, it was good for family backcountry camping (three people) at one site.
- 6-liter water bag with roll-top and side-release buckle closure fills quickly and hangs easily; window on bag displays water level -- We brought a strap and hung it from a tree. Needed to refill a few times for dinner and clean up. Window on bag was a nice feature. Not sure how one person would hold the water bag and fill it at the same time, but I guess it is possible.
- Ultra Fast Flow Technology provides 2 liters per minute filtration; quick-release hoses connect easily to personal hydration bladders -- Good, fast flow. Gravity feed was much easier than pumping.
- Low maintenance, pleated glassfiber filter supplies fast water flow; cleanable filter protector extends filter life in challenging conditions -- Only used on one trip so far.
- Filter physically removes silt, cysts, protozoa and bacteria down to 0.2 microns in size, including giardia, salmonella, cryptosporidia and others -- Water from the Manitou River in MN had high iron concentration and was very red. Filtered water was not 100% clear, but taste was fine.
- Sediment trap eliminates backflushing hassles by trapping dirt before it enters the filter
- Katadyn Gravity Camp 6L Water Filter includes field-cleaning supplies -- Did not have to use at the campsite.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $90