Current Retail: $89.95
Historic Range: $67.46-$89.95
Reviewers Paid: $90.00
10 x 2 x 6 in
AntiClog Technology with 0.2 micron glassfiber
So much easier to have this gravity filter at the campsite than pumping into water bottles. Great all around for filling water bottles and cleaning up.
- Easy to use
- Fast flow from a mountable source
- 10 L model would mean fewer trips to the water source
Details from manufacturer with comments following:
- Easy-to-use dry bag-style design provides safe, potable water for large groups, base camps and family camping trips -- Yes, it was good for family backcountry camping (three people) at one site.
- 6-liter water bag with roll-top and side-release buckle closure fills quickly and hangs easily; window on bag displays water level -- We brought a strap and hung it from a tree. Needed to refill a few times for dinner and clean up. Window on bag was a nice feature. Not sure how one person would hold the water bag and fill it at the same time, but I guess it is possible.
- Ultra Fast Flow Technology provides 2 liters per minute filtration; quick-release hoses connect easily to personal hydration bladders -- Good, fast flow. Gravity feed was much easier than pumping.
- Low maintenance, pleated glassfiber filter supplies fast water flow; cleanable filter protector extends filter life in challenging conditions -- Only used on one trip so far.
- Filter physically removes silt, cysts, protozoa and bacteria down to 0.2 microns in size, including giardia, salmonella, cryptosporidia and others -- Water from the Manitou River in MN had high iron concentration and was very red. Filtered water was not 100% clear, but taste was fine.
- Sediment trap eliminates backflushing hassles by trapping dirt before it enters the filter
- Katadyn Gravity Camp 6L Water Filter includes field-cleaning supplies -- Did not have to use at the campsite.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $90