Kayland Super Rock GTX
Excellent boots for those moments where a hiking shoe does not provide us with the necessary stiffness or insulation. Also, for those days where we will be for long days on snow or ice.
- Very comfortable
- Excellent leather
- Compatible with semi-automatic crampons
- Good insulation
- Too colorful
These boots are the most comfortable I have had the opportunity to use. They are excellent for times where we feel that a trekking boot will not be enough, either due to stiffness or insulation. I always try to use them in my high mountain outings until the moment where I have to start using double boots, since their comfort is not compared.
1) Fit: I wear 11US and these shoes have not been the exception. I have a wide foot and they have been the most comfortable boots I have used in the mountains. The tying system fulfills its function perfectly, allowing us to adjust the boots once a day without loosening.
2)Comfort: These boots fit perfectly on my feet since they came out of their box. But speaking of comfort, you have to know that they are rigid boots for mountaineering, and they will not be as comfortable for long walks on the plain as hiking boots with a softer sole.
3) Support: Being high-top boots, they generate very good support for the ankle, in those moments when we are tired and a sprain can generate a big problem. The lacing system allows us to tighten them firmly to help this ankle support.
4) Water Resistance: With a Gore-Tex performance control membrane, its impermeability is guaranteed. My feet have remained dry after several days of traveling in snowy terrain with no problems.
5) Traction: With Vibram Nu Mulaz outsole with 5mm lugs, it offers great traction on all types of terrain, from wet rock to places with a lot of snow.
6) Temp Control: First of all, I must say that I am not a person who suffers from cold feet. That said, I can tell you that I use these boots for most of my high mountain ascents, peaks of 5 and 6 thousand meters in the Argentine Andes, leaving my Koflach Arctics Expe boots for extreme cold cases. I would not recommend them for very hot places, as I suppose it will make your feet sweat.
7) Features: A great addition to these mountaineering boots is their compatibility with semi-automatic crampons.
8) Construction & Durability: They are very good quality boots and they are very well built. Their materials are top brand, which gives us great confidence in them, on the other hand, they are built from a single piece of Italian leather with a Gore-Tex membrane.
I have a lot of experience with them, in many different fields
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: 119 USD (On Sale)
You May Like
Reviewers Paid: $119.00
GORE-TEX Performance Comfort Footwear
Felt + Pe + textile
PP / Glass Fiber
Smart PU Bi-density + TPU insert
Vibram New Mulaz - 5 mm LUG
|Level of Rigidity||
LEVEL 6 RIGID
Made in Europe