Keen Women's Targhee II

rated 3.0 of 5 stars

The Women's Targhee II has been discontinued. It was replaced by the Keen Targhee III Waterproof.

photo: Keen Women's Targhee II trail shoe

Price MSRP: $120.00
Historic Range: $65.95-$125.00
Reviewers Paid: $100.00-$110.00

The Vibram sole adds stability and comfort on long hikes. Feet felt good after 20 miles.

Pros

• Stability

Cons

• None I encounterd

The Vibram sole adds stability and comfort. Made for a medium width foot. If you have a narrow foot, these shoes are not for you.

Price Paid: 100-130 dollars

I bought these shoes to replace another pair on my PCT Oregon segment hike. Within the first week I had a nasty blister on my heel and under both front toes. After 300 miles the stitching at the toe came loose on both shoes. The soles did not offer enough cushioning on the lava. I couldn't wait to get these shoes off at night. The waterproofing wore off when it came time to ford streams and rivers.

I contacted Keen when I returned. My recourse is to return the shoes where I bought them (very inconvenient since I bought them in Ashland and I live in Eastern Oregon) or get a replacement of another Keen footwear product from the company.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything that's comparable in price that I want.

Materials: leather upper
Use: Oregon segment PCT (CA to WA)
Break-in Period: on the trail—replacement for other shoes
Weight: 14 oz.

This is an amazing hiking shoe! I was nervous to hike very far in these just because they are low-tops, but they're awesome! I hiked Mt. Whitney in them, with a 22lb. pack—did 21 miles in a day without blisters! I did try wearing them backpacking, but the weight of the pack was too much for these shoes.

The most amazing thing is that the Targhee 11's do not need any breaking in time; they fit great from day one! I wear them to hike in 3-4 days a week (purchased them a year ago), and they're still going strong. Thank you Keen!

rated 3.00 of 5 stars All Targhee II versions

In addition to the 3 women's reviews above, there are 3 reviews for other versions of the Targhee II. Read all reviews »

FORLOH Deep Space Half Zip Long Sleeve Top Review