Keen Targhee II - Women's

rated 3.0 of 5 stars (3)

The Women's Targhee II has been discontinued. It was replaced by the Keen Targhee III Waterproof.

If you're looking for something new, check out the best trail shoes for 2019.

photo: Keen Women's Targhee II trail shoe

Price MSRP: $120.00
Historic Range: $65.95-$125.00
Reviewers Paid: $100.00-$110.00

The Vibram sole adds stability and comfort on long…

Price Paid: 100-130 dollars

Summary

The Vibram sole adds stability and comfort on long hikes. Feet felt good after 20 miles.

Pros

• Stability

Cons

• None I encounterd

The Vibram sole adds stability and comfort. Made for a medium width foot. If you have a narrow foot, these shoes are not for you.

I bought these shoes to replace another pair on my…

Materials: leather upper
Use: Oregon segment PCT (CA to WA)
Break-in Period: on the trail—replacement for other shoes
Weight: 14 oz.

I bought these shoes to replace another pair on my PCT Oregon segment hike. Within the first week I had a nasty blister on my heel and under both front toes. After 300 miles the stitching at the toe came loose on both shoes. The soles did not offer enough cushioning on the lava. I couldn't wait to get these shoes off at night. The waterproofing wore off when it came time to ford streams and rivers.

I contacted Keen when I returned. My recourse is to return the shoes where I bought them (very inconvenient since I bought them in Ashland and I live in Eastern Oregon) or get a replacement of another Keen footwear product from the company.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything that's comparable in price that I want.

This is an amazing hiking shoe! I was nervous to hike…

This is an amazing hiking shoe! I was nervous to hike very far in these just because they are low-tops, but they're awesome! I hiked Mt. Whitney in them, with a 22lb. pack—did 21 miles in a day without blisters! I did try wearing them backpacking, but the weight of the pack was too much for these shoes.

The most amazing thing is that the Targhee 11's do not need any breaking in time; they fit great from day one! I wear them to hike in 3-4 days a week (purchased them a year ago), and they're still going strong. Thank you Keen!

Out for Testing

The Keen Targhee II is out for testing and review!

Members of Trailspace's Review Corps product-testing program are currently testing the Keen Targhee II. Stay tuned for reviews of this trail shoe from .

Do you have questions about the Keen Targhee II?
Send them to reviewcorps@trailspace.com and we'll do our best to address them in our upcoming review.

rated 3.00 of 5 stars All Targhee II versions

In addition to the 3 women's reviews above, there are 3 reviews for other versions of the Targhee II. Read all reviews »