I just got it this year and only have used it for…

Design: top loading/ through the front
Size: 4900
Number of Pockets: 7
Max. Load Carried: 55lbs
Height of Owner: 6'2"
Price Paid: Clearance $69

I just got it this year and only have used it for a two-day trip so far. It was easy to adjust, I did it in the first half mile of the trail, with a few stops. I was able to carry everything I needed, with room to spare. The only thing I did not like about it in the begining were the straps laid over my shoulders. I am very wide at the shoulders. I have made a few more adjustment to it since and have been able to get it to be a bit more comfortable. I love this pack, it is a great pack for the price I paid, or even at the full price!!

A great pack. I got it on sale at an EMS closeout;…

Design: Internal Frame
Size: 4900
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 40 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5' 11"

A great pack. I got it on sale at an EMS closeout; liked the slim profile and functionality. Extremely comfortable and adjustable over a very wide range of sizings. Great construction and all the normal features: water-resistant sleeping bag pocket, jacket pocket, couple of water bottle sleeves, easy to access all parts of the pack from just about anywhere, all manner of lash straps and points for lockdown and attachments.

Any negatives? I would have liked it a little lighter (everything included it's 6 lbs., 7 oz.), but that's mostly my knees talking now. The weight is proportional to the features - and the value is exceptional in my case, and would still be a good deal at the full price. The newer version I believe even has more outside pockets for the pockets-are-cool people.

I'd buy it again.

The Hurricane has been discontinued.

The Kelty Hurricane is not available from the stores we monitor.

NRS H2Core Silkweight Hoodie Review