Q&A

Have a question about air-filled? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

Great budget, inflatable sleeping pad. Overall it…

Price Paid: 79.99$

Summary

Great budget, inflatable sleeping pad.

Pros

• Packs small
  • Warm

Cons

• Noisy
  • A little bit narrow

Overall it is a decent sleeping pad and I would recommend it to anyone.

Very durable, I've been using this pad already more than two years and never had an issue with it. Also it comes with a patch kit, but I never used it.

Why I may change this pad

• Noisy, uncomfortable at night unless you sleep alone. I'm searching for more quiet materials but didn't found any so far. Even more high priced like Therm-a-Rest or Sea to Summit pads have similar issues
  • It is a little bit narrow. I'm searching for a little bit wider pad with similar weight and R value. Several inches will be enough. Note that other high-priced brands are even more narrow.

You may also consider Klymit non-insulated series, which is lighter and smaller, For spring-autumn it may be totally sufficient.

In my opinion at this price range this is the best sleeping pad I found so far.

Thanks for the review, George. If you end up with a new pad, I hope you'll let us know how it works out.

1 year ago

Fantastic pad for the money! Lightweight! This was…

Summary

Fantastic pad for the money! Lightweight!

Pros

Cons

• Not as thick as I need

This was my first backpacking trip, so I didn't want to break the bank until I knew I wanted to do this again.  That being said the Klymit Insulated Static V Lite sleeping pad was a great decision. It weighs less than a pound and was really easy to inflate.

I think eventually I will upgrade to a thicker pad so I get a better night's sleep, but I cannot blame this pad for what I am used to sleeping on at home. This is a great pad for the money and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great sleeping pad.