Klymit Insulated Static V Lite

Dimensions 72 x 23 x 2.5 in / 182.9 x 58.4 x 6.4 cm
Inflation 10-15 Breaths
Pack Size 5 x 8 in / 12.7 x 20.3 cm
Fabric 30D Polyester

Great quality, especially for the price. I find this pad to be very comfortable, quiet when rolling over, and it is lightweight and packs down small.

Pros

• Good R-Value makes this a three-season pad.
  • I seem to slide less on this pad versus others.
  • It is a quiet pad when I roll over at night.

Cons

• A little tough to inflate versus higher-end brands, and a little tricky to pack down small.

This is a great three-season sleeping pad. I feel as if my search is over for now. Unless I decide to make an impulse purchase next year.

While I find this easy to inflate, it takes a good 10 or 12 breaths, with a rest in between. Some of the higher-priced pads come with lightweight air pumps (the stuff sack doubles as the air pump). The Big Agnes comes to mind (from reading those reviews). This one is a little tricky to deflate and pack away, but not too bad.

It packs down to the size of a very large water bottle.

This inflatable pad is very quiet. I'm a restless sleeper and I don't like to bother my fellow campers. I very much appreciate how quiet this pad is.

Comfort is not an issue. If I am sitting up then my elbow might touch the ground. And when I shift, portions of my body briefly touch. In a resting position this pad is very comfortable.

With an R-Value of 4.4 this inflatable pad works for temperatures down to the upper 20 degree range, assuming you have a suitable sleeping bag, of course.

I've used this on three trips so far. No complaints at all yet. Also, it seems that I slide less on this pad versus others.

I purchased this for $65 back in August 2019, which apparently was a steal for me. It appears the price has increased a bit. Still. At less than $100, I don't believe you will find a better deal.

Experience

This is my third pad in the same year. I started with an Alps Mountaineering, which I had owned for four years. It was comfortable, but too large and heavy. I then purchased a new brand; Outdoorsman Lab. That is okay, but has a low R-Value. I've used my Klymit on three trips, all of which were multi-night stays. So far it's great.

Nice review, Jerry!

1 year ago

Great budget, inflatable sleeping pad.

Pros

• Packs small
  • Warm

Cons

• Noisy
  • A little bit narrow

Overall it is a decent sleeping pad and I would recommend it to anyone.

Very durable, I've been using this pad already more than two years and never had an issue with it. Also it comes with a patch kit, but I never used it.

Why I may change this pad

• Noisy, uncomfortable at night unless you sleep alone. I'm searching for more quiet materials but didn't found any so far. Even more high priced like Therm-a-Rest or Sea to Summit pads have similar issues
  • It is a little bit narrow. I'm searching for a little bit wider pad with similar weight and R value. Several inches will be enough. Note that other high-priced brands are even more narrow.

You may also consider Klymit non-insulated series, which is lighter and smaller, For spring-autumn it may be totally sufficient.

In my opinion at this price range this is the best sleeping pad I found so far.

Price Paid: 79.99$

Thanks for the review, George. If you end up with a new pad, I hope you'll let us know how it works out.

Fantastic pad for the money! Lightweight!

Pros

Cons

• Not as thick as I need

This was my first backpacking trip, so I didn't want to break the bank until I knew I wanted to do this again.  That being said the Klymit Insulated Static V Lite sleeping pad was a great decision. It weighs less than a pound and was really easy to inflate.

I think eventually I will upgrade to a thicker pad so I get a better night's sleep, but I cannot blame this pad for what I am used to sleeping on at home. This is a great pad for the money and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great sleeping pad.

Primus Campground Cooking Giveaway