This is a very comfortable, warm bag. It is very stretchy,…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This is a very comfortable, warm bag. It is very stretchy, which makes it ideal for people like me who don't sleep like logs. I would recommend it for any season, given the weather isn't too extreme.

Pros

• Warm
  • Stretchy
  • Adjustable
  • Beefy footbox

Cons

• Large packing size
  • My feet didn't stay warm

I got this bag in December, and so far I have been able to use it several times in high altitude, snowy conditions (in Colorado). I haven't had a chance to use it in summer weather yet. So far, it's kept me nice and warm and given me some nice sleep.

The bag is really stretchy, which is great. I don't really like to sleep on my back, and I was able to comfortably sleep in different positions without feeling restricted. Another thing to note about the bag's construction is that the length is adjustable. So if you're a shorter person, you can actually shorten the bag to better encapsulate your body.

The zippers all feel clean and I haven't noticed them catching at all. There isn't an excess of Velcro, and that which is present isn't all scratchy and irritating. Keep in mind that I was previously using my mom's 20+ year old bag, so these features are probably pretty common these days.

There's also extra filling in the foot bag which is supposed to keep your feet warmer. I still got cold feet and had to stick my down jacket down into the bag. I do tend to sleep cold, however. The bag puffs up pleasantly and feels really nice to get into.

As I mentioned, I haven't had a chance to use the bag in warmer weather yet, but I have a feeling it will do fine in the Colorado summers, as it's pretty breathable. But we shall see. I definitely wouldn't recommend this bag to anyone who plans to sleep through 50+ degree nights. Also, the bag's packed size is pretty hefty. I personally wouldn't want to carry it unless I really needed a zero degree bag. There are lighter options available, but I doubt they're this warm and comfortable.

Overall, I think this is an excellent bag for anyone who camps in colder weather and doesn't have too many worries about pack weight.

Just wanted to add that if this bag wasn't so warm, I'd consider sleeping in it at home. That's how comfortable it is.

Experience

I took this sleeping bag camping in January and February at high altitude.

Welcome to Trailspace, John! Thanks for sharing your experience so far with this Klymit bag.