L.L.Bean Snowshoe Bag

photo: L.L.Bean Snowshoe Bag snowshoe accessory

Price Reviewers Paid: $20.00

An excellent way to keep snowshoe crampons away from other gear and clothing. And a nice method of carrying snowshoes.

Pros

• Looks good
  • Brand name, should ensure quality
  • Good price

Cons

• Unpadded

Here is a good looking snowshoe carrying bag with two carrying straps—one for the hand, one for over the shoulder.

It also has a Velcro strap at each end on the front side for carrying ski or trekking poles.

Zips open in a big U.

Measure's 10x36 inches and easily holds snowshoes 10 by 34...and is made of ripstop nylon.

A bag like this is a nice way to keep snowshoe crampons from poking holes or ripping other gear or clothing or yourself or vehicle. Also makes packing them in the car trunk easier.

I do not know if the straps are capable of using them to tie down the filled bag to the outside of the vehicle as I've never used it like that and I sure don't want you to lose your snowshoes as you head down the road.

I like this bag and have had it about one year.

I wouldn't mind if the bag had some padding to prevent premature wear from crampon ends, but that would drive up the price, probably a lot.

I bought it on a closeout and paid $20. I'd guess it would likely cost retail maybe $35, but I would say it is worth that. Heck, one puncture prevented might save you that in repair or replacement cost.