An excellent way to keep snowshoe crampons away from…

Summary

An excellent way to keep snowshoe crampons away from other gear and clothing. And a nice method of carrying snowshoes.

Pros

• Looks good
  • Brand name, should ensure quality
  • Good price

Cons

• Unpadded

Here is a good looking snowshoe carrying bag with two carrying straps—one for the hand, one for over the shoulder.

It also has a Velcro strap at each end on the front side for carrying ski or trekking poles.

Zips open in a big U.

Measure's 10x36 inches and easily holds snowshoes 10 by 34...and is made of ripstop nylon.

A bag like this is a nice way to keep snowshoe crampons from poking holes or ripping other gear or clothing or yourself or vehicle. Also makes packing them in the car trunk easier.

I do not know if the straps are capable of using them to tie down the filled bag to the outside of the vehicle as I've never used it like that and I sure don't want you to lose your snowshoes as you head down the road.

I like this bag and have had it about one year.

I wouldn't mind if the bag had some padding to prevent premature wear from crampon ends, but that would drive up the price, probably a lot.

I bought it on a closeout and paid $20. I'd guess it would likely cost retail maybe $35, but I would say it is worth that. Heck, one puncture prevented might save you that in repair or replacement cost.

The L.L.Bean Snowshoe Bag is not available from the stores we monitor.

Keen Targhee Vent Mid Review