The Wave+ replaced the Leatherman Wave.
Current Retail: $99.95-$109.99
Historic Range: $99.95-$109.99
4 in / 10 cm
6.25 in / 15.87 cm
|Primary Blade Length||
2.9 in / 7.37 cm
8.5 oz / 241 g
1.2 in / 3.05 cm
.7 in / 1.78 cm
420HC Stainless Steel, Black Oxide
18—Needlenose Pliers / Regular Pliers / Premium Replaceable Wire Cutters / Premium Replaceable Hard-wire Cutters / Electrical Crimper / Wire Stripper / 420HC Knife / 420HC Serrated Knife / Saw / Spring-action Scissors / Ruler (8 in | 19 cm) / Can Opener / Bottle Opener / Wood/Metal File / Diamond-coated File / Large Bit Driver / Small Bit Driver / Medium Screwdriver
Eyeglass Screwdriver, Phillips #1-2 & 3/16" Screwdriver
A great multitool to have in your pocket everywhere you go. It has everything you’ll need, and nothing you won’t need.
- This product is made exceptionally well.
- The blades come sharp and ready to cut away anything you throw at them (within reason of course).
- The pliers are fantastic, made to be strong and durable.
- The scissors, although smaller than those on the original Wave, cut with great precision.
- The exchangable bit driver is a really neat tool. The bits are held secure and do the job.
- It’s a little heavy. I’m okay with the extra weight, but I can see how some may not be.
- I’ve also had trouble opening the plain edge knife blade one-handed. It locks up for some reason, but it’s become easier over time.
Leatherman is known for their quality products. The Leatherman Wave + does not disappoint. It features four outside-accessible tools (saw, wood/diamond coated file, serrated knife, plain edge knife). These are by far the most used tools for me, and I love that I don’t have to open the tool to get to them.
Once you open the tool you have an arsenal of everything you’ll need in your everyday life, from scissors to an eyeglass screwdriver. Leatherman thought of everything for the average Joe. You can carry this tool in your pocket using the pocket clip (sold separately) or fasten it to your belt using the high quality nylon sheath that comes with the multitool. Or toss it in a bag!
I very much recommend this tool for everyone.
Extremely positive. I’ve had it for 11 months.
Source: received it as a personal gift