Lodge Dutch Oven

photo: Lodge Dutch Oven cookware

Price Historic Range: $56.10-$82.60
Reviewers Paid: $39.00

Lodge makes one of the best camping cooking tool. The Dutch oven is so versatile no camper should be without one. Not for backpacking, but a fantastic cooking pot.

Pros

• Versatile
  • Cast iron
  • Easy to clean and care for

Cons

• Heavy
  • Rust, if not seasoned

The Lodge Dutch oven 12-inch is the best cooking tool I take camping. I have made everything from stews and chili, to biscuits and bread, as well as cakes and cobblers.

I have used the lid to fry eggs, bacon and eggs, as well as pancakes. I have fried fish, donuts, and corndogs. This is an absolute fantastic item to put in any carry cook kit.

Sorry, it's not for backpacking, due to being cast iron. However, that's what makes it a great cooking pot.

g00se

Welcome to Trailspace, Henry. My sister-in-law and her husband RV camp all summer long, and they use one of these every weekend. Dutch oven cooking is an art I great appreciate, but haven't mastered. Thanks for posting.

Welcome to Trailspace, Henry! Now I'm hungry for cobbler... How long have you had your Dutch oven?

I hope this has not been overdone but camp cooking is made easy with dutch ovens.  Not much you cant do.  I have used Maca and the Chinese stuff, but Lodge is by far the best made. Everyone should have a 10 inch and a 12 inch.

Price Paid: $45 - 115