Lowa Tibet LL

Reviewers Paid: $310.00
Women's
Price Current Retail: $395.00
Historic Range: $276.50-$395.00

On a recent Escarpment Trail (Catskills) hike I blew out my Lowa Renegade boots. After ten years of good service, I wasn’t too upset but since I liked them so much I upgraded to the Tibet. After two months use (three hiking trips of two nights each) I have to say the Tibets are an amazing boot. They are big but help me support a heavy load. I was careful to waterproof them each time so I had no problem with water. I bought a half size larger than my street shoe and they fit well. I love them.

Pros

• Sturdy, traditional hiking boot that offer a great deal of support. If you typically travel on rocky terrain with a big backpack...try them.

Cons

• Heavy and will take a while to break in. Not for the ultra-light crowd. Not inexpensive.

024871A8-F82E-4CC3-AF1F-5B021334DA13.jpg

I debated between the LL and the GTX, but after a rainstorm in the last trip, and my obsessive waterproofing (boot tongue especially) I had no problem.

The boot will take a while to break in. At present I have 75 miles on mine and they have only recently lost the store rigidness. I recommend swapping out the insoles, I have high arches and needed the extra support.

I bought mine through CampSaver and paid 80usd less than most other online sites, but still they are not inexpensive. I am definitely looking for another decade from Lowa.

Experience

Three hikes...75 miles.

Thanks for the review, bromme! If you have any pictures of your Tibets, those would be great to see in your review too.

Thanks for sharing a pic, Bromme. Enjoy your hikes in your boots!