Lowe Alpine Warm Zone Ninja Hoodie

The Warm Zone Ninja Hoodie has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best fleece jackets for 2020.

photo: Lowe Alpine Warm Zone Ninja Hoodie fleece jacket

Price Historic Range: $56.21

I have had superb wear and performance out of my merino hoody with thumbholes, and will continue to use it. I was looking for one with a little more warmth and a closer fit. This hoody is the most technical out there. It is optimized to put warmth where one needs it most, and for its lightness it warms efficiently.

Unlike my other hoody, this has a full length zip and a pocket, which is plenty big inside (although the zipped opening is a little small). The hand cuffs give greater coverage than my merino's, and the hood itself provides baclava style coverage with a close fit, making it easy to wear a helmet over it when needed. The hood can cover almost all of my face, leaving room only for goggles.

Warm Zone mapping tech in the fabric is second only to merino IMO, but I don't know of any merino garment made with varying fabric weights to tailor to a body's complex heat signature. Impressive in every sense, and wicks moisture well.

A medium fit me perfectly close without restricting any of my movements, and the longer hem (compared to my Smartwool Piece) allows better coverage in nasty weather. STP has these at deep discounts. Buy one...or two.

Fabric: Proprietary WARM ZONE Fleece / Lycra