LuminAID PackLite Max 2-in-1 Power Lantern

Price MSRP: $50.00
Current Retail: $49.95
Reviewers Paid: $75.00
Brightness 150 Lumens
Color Cool White (5900-6500K)
Phone Charging? Yes / 2000mAh battery
Runtime 50 hours
Weight 8.5 oz

I bought my PackLite Max 2-in-1 online from luminAid as a backup power supply for charging up some of my electronic gear as I hiked. It served as a great source of lighting while in my tent after dark on the Appalachian Trail.

Pros

• Love the light weight and bright light.
  • I loved hiking with the luminAid strapped to the top of my pack with the solar panel soaking up the sun for solar power to charge my gear when needed.

Cons

• My only real problem is having to inflate the PackLite by mouth, which can lead to condensation on the inside you can't get to.

I carry a couple of different solar panels while hiking and or canoeing and when I saw the luminAid online I liked what I saw. I thought it would make a good camp light and I don't have to worry about batteries going dead.

Experience

I first tested /used my PackLite Max at home while working on my truck. After that first usage I carried it with me on a hike of the Appalachian Trail. I carried it strapped to the top of my pack and when I stopped for the evening and set up camp I used it to charge up my electronic gear and then it lit up my tent as I was getting my bedding set up.

Price Paid: I paid $75

Thanks for the power/light recommendation, Michael!

Snow Peak Hybrid Summit Solo Titanium Cookset Review