Marmot Predator Jacket

rated 4.00 of 5 stars (2)

The Predator Jacket has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best waterproof jackets for 2019.

photo: Marmot Predator Jacket waterproof jacket

Men's
Price Current Retail: $43.99-$95.00
Historic Range: $36.73-$125.96
Reviewers Paid: $124.00
Women's
Price Historic Range: $98.97-$180.00
Reviewers Paid: $99.95

I love this lightweight, versatile, waterproof jacket!!

I love this lightweight, versatile, waterproof jacket!! I bought this for 1/2 its original price at REI's winter sale. I've used it backpacking, snowboarding, hiking, and just running around town (in Portland, OR's relentless rain, I might add). The articulation is great; I never feel like I'm wearing a tarp, and I have full range of motion. Although it's a light shell, I'm surprised at how well it has put up with the abrasions/skids/falls I've gone through being a beginner snowboarder.

The only downfall to this jacket is its zipper - it sometimes gets stuck about 3-4" from the top (my chin)... The zipper teeth don't get caught or mangled, I think it gets caught on the fabric. Apart from that, I love this jacket!

This is a great jacket. There are two sets of zips,…

This is a great jacket. There are two sets of zips, the pits and the rib area (although, the women only has the pit zips). My fiance and I have used it on a 30-mile thru hike during rain and it proved to keep the water out as well as kept us windproof. It's sturdy and windproof. So far it hasn't disappointed us at all. It is a great jacket for the price. (My fiance had the women's jacket and it was the same.)