I purchassed the Composite Jacket after having to…

Fabric: Powershield High Loft
Price Paid: $150 CND

I purchassed the Composite Jacket after having to replace my worn out Polartec 200 fleece. A new Thermal pro fleece would cost me around 100-150 $ cnd... then I realized that i can get a MEC composite jacket for 150$. Compared to the Arc'teryx Gamma SV for 350$, i was willing to sacrifice the the slightly better quality of arc'teryx and save 200$.

I haven't used it much, but i took it on several trips including a trip to the summit of Mt. Washington on January 4th. It stops wind and breathes very well. I even used it as a shell in some areas! While glissading, the snow just didn't stick to the material which was great! I purchased the Composite over the Pamir because it has a high loft fleece on the inner. I found that usefull for the cold mountaineering i do!

I only have just one beef with this jacket! it doesn't have a hood! if Mec had a more expensive model with a hood, then i would definitely purchase it! Because it doesn't have a hood, i still need my shell for really cold and windy situations like the summit of Mt. Washington! But appart from that! you just can't go wrong with this jacket!

Pavlo

The Composite Jacket has been discontinued.

No price on record.

The MEC Composite Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

Katadyn BeFree 0.6L Review