Meindl Comfort Fit Walker

U.S. Sizes 8-14D / 8-14EE, half sizes to 12
Insulation Uninsulated
Flex-Use Rating A
Lace Length 40 in

Fantastic shoe for all day comfort.

Pros

• Great fit
  • Well built
  • All leather
  • Gortex-lined
  • Made in Europe!
  • Good shoe for pronation
  • Very comfortable

Cons

• They may be too spendy for some, but for the fit, quality, and durability, they were worth every penny.

I work as a fee ranger in the summer, which means I spend the day on my feet, either in the kiosk, walking the campground, or making visitor contacts in high-use areas. I'd originally decided on another brand but had difficulty getting sizing help. Hey, I live in a small town in Idaho so a lot of stuff has to be purchased online, especially high quality gear.

At any rate, I learned the shoes I was looking at were actually made by Meindl for another outlet and decided to take a look at what Meindl offered. I found the Comfort Fit Walkers and after a few emails to get sizing worked out, I ordered them. The shoes shipped the next day and delivery was a day early, as I recall.

They went from box to feet and needed no break-in time. The fit was perfect and they were as their name said, comfortable. I walked trails, asphalt, and stood in the kiosk for hours and never had an issue with foot pain or blisters.

I tend to over pronate when I walk and have to put after-market insoles in everything. The Meindls needed no such thing. I walked normally in these shoes (I can tell by the wear on the heel). The sole is a proprietary Vibram and feels sturdy on any surface. I've used them for day hikes and even some early season archery hunting.

I'm a large guy so generally need boots for backpacking, but I am sure these would work for those who generally backpack in trail runners. They are sturdier and would likely yield many more miles than a trail runner does.

Sometimes trying a new brand can be a real crap shoot, but Meindl is a first rate shoe and they have to customer service to match. Highly recommend these shoes to anyone who works on their feet.

Experience

I've been working on my feet for more than 45 years. These are the best shoes I've worn.

Patagonia Fitz Roy 30° Review